A wrongful death action is a lawsuit filed by family members or heirs alleging that the death of a loved one was caused by an intentional, negligent or careless act of another person or corporation.
All states provide legal remedies for wrongful death caused by the negligence, carelessness, or reckless act of another. Damages for the death of a loved one may include:
- Payment for pain and suffering
- Recovery of loss of earnings of deceased family member
- Reimbursement for burial and funeral expenses
- Recovery of present and future financial losses due to death of loved one
- Reimbursement of medical expenses and other out-of-pocket expenses due to the death of a loved one
The wrongful death lawyers at Kershaw, Cutter & Ratinoff have successfully represented family members in wrongful death cases resulting from all types of intentional or negligent conduct. Some common causes of wrongful death are:
Our lawyers do not charge a fee until they recover damages on your behalf, so you can focus on your family's emotional healing and leave the legal and financial worries to us. To contact a wrongful death attorney at Kershaw, Cutter & Ratinoff for a free and confidential case evaluation, fill out and submit the contact form on this page or call us toll-free at (888) 285-3333.